10 San Francisco Nonprofits You Can Get Involved with Tomorrow
We had the honor of hosting nearly a dozen nonprofits at our #CommunityCulture event who shared some of the great ways they’re looking to engage with corporations and people in our communities to make their efforts more impactful. A big heartfelt thank you to goes out to the 100+ attendees there that night, our speakers, nonprofits, and volunteers. For all of you that weren’t there, here’s some highlights of their philanthropic experiences each nonprofit offers and ways to get in touch.
Want to do something this week?
Join us with Project Homeless Connect for a Tenderloin Community Outreach Walk & Happy Hour Fundraiser tomorrow, August 4th, at 4pm to engage with our neighbors experiencing homelessness and gain a better understanding of homeless services. Help us distribute information on services and hand out much needed supplies / food covered by the ticket cost. If you can’t get there at 4pm, join us for a free happy hour fundraiser at 6pm.
Looking to help out around homelessness and hunger?
- Connect with Downtown Street Teams, who’s helping employ the homeless on beautification projects in the city.
- Join Compass Family Services for their Toast and Taste fundraiser featuring great food, drinks and other fun activities.
- Work in a beautiful community garden by yourself or with a group with Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation.
- The SF-Marin Foodbank welcomes volunteers nearly every day of the year and helps ensure everyone is able to obtain enough nutritious food to support health and well-being of themselves and their families.
Care about education?
- Stop by one of 826 Valencia’s pirate stores and help tutor kids on their writing - or take them on a field trip!
- Attend a workshop or mentor students on civic projects with buildOn who works with schools in the Bay Area.
- Take a vacation for good with Team4Tech to work with schools and nonprofits from places as diverse as Cambodia to Costa Rica.
Are you a maker for good?
- If you’re a multimedia guru, you can work with Bay Area Video Coalition to help underserved youth with career readiness or help a nonprofit tell their story.
- Install solar panels for families in need or organize a group of people to attend GRID Alternatives Solarthon Block Party coming up next month.
With all these exciting nonprofits and great opportunities to get involved in our #CommunityCulture at your mouseclicks, there’s no reason to wait. And as always, feel free to reach out to us to help you figure out how to activate giving in your group or company.